Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Idiocy of Che Idolizers

If you spend any time talking to me, you will eventually hit my "Che" nerve; the one that causes me to convulse at the irrational idolization of Ernesto "Che" Guevara.  Che, the man whose image appears on thousands of t-shirts and posters the world over; Che, the man who led revolutions through butchery and murder; Che, the man who, with Castro, founded one of the most oppresive regimes in the history of the world.  During the last presidential campaign, one of the most popular images of Barack Obama on campaign materials was the one that showed Obama as Che, in the same iconic pose.  I have always wondered whether those who engage in this cult of personality have any idea of the real man behind the icon.  Today, by way of answer to my query, I ran across the following graphic:


Finally, I have my explanation.

[Giving credit where it is due:  I found the graphic above at National Review, which is often my source of conservative sanity in an insane world.]

No comments: