Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Habitat for Humanity's Work in Haiti

I have been a Habitat for Humanity volunteer for more than 20 years, during which time I have served on the board of directors and as an officer of our local Habitat for Humanity affiliate and as a founding member of the board of directors of Habitat for Humanity of West Virginia.  I know first hand the good work that is being done all over the world by Habitat and its volunteers, and I have seen the joy in the faces of the families who have partnered with Habitat to obtain a simple, decent place to live.

Habitat for Humanity International is on the ground in Haiti bringing its resources to the millions of people there who need shelter (in the short term) and a simple, decent home (in the long term).  But the cost of these efforts is great.  I urge you to consider making a gift to Habitat's work in Haiti by clicking here or on the banner at the top of the site.  Like my other favorite relief charity, the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), Habitat for Humanity International is a four-star rated charity.

No comments: